This is, hands down, Daniel’s favorite meal. Everyone else likes it too, and as an added bonus, it’s super easy!
Daniel’s Favorite Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ~1 lb skinless boneless chicken (I use thighs, but breasts work too)
- frozen peas
- dried parsley
- biscuit mix (I use bisquick)
1. Add the first 6 ingredients to your crock pot and give a stir. Season with pepper. Cook on low 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
2. After 8 hours (or 4 hours if cooking on high), stir and then shred the chicken with 2 forks. (Usually you can do this right in the crock pot, but feel free to pull them out and shred on a cutting board if that’s easier.)
3. Prepare biscuit mix for drop biscuits. (With bisquick, it’s 2 1/4 cups bisquick and 2/3 cup milk.) Mix until a soft dough forms and drop spoonfuls into the crock pot. Increase the heat to high and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Serve in bowls and enjoy!
You can also add fresh carrots to this – I usually do, but I was out when I made it this time. I just throw in whole baby carrots. Frozen corn is also a nice addition, though Daniel doesn’t like it when I add corn, for whatever reason.